Frequently Asked Questions
- We have children of all ages on the retreat, many large families with children in diapers as well as teenagers.
- There are talks, but they are short (30 minutes) for the parents, followed by an activity which allows the parents to minister to their family.
- Couple time could be after kids go to bed or before they wake up and at the talks. The focus of this retreat is ministering to the whole family
- Is there Child Care available?
- During the short “Parent Talks”, we have supervised play activities for the children three and up. Infants up to age two will stay with a parent and can play in the playroom where the talk will be live streamed. The parent talks are 30-45 minutes in duration, the children will be kept with their siblings and escorted to one of many “stations” where they will play games and sing some songs. These are not faith formation activities, but rather fun things to do while their parents receive a practical teaching on some aspect of family life and instructions for the family activity. The focus of our retreats is to equip the parents to minister to their children, so the parent talks are kept short and the family time long. This retreat is unlike any we have found elsewhere. We must give God the credit, through many months of prayer and study with another family, we developed this model for family ministry. Hopefully you will agree that this is a great way to reconnect with your family and grow in holiness.
- What meals will be provided?
- All Saturday meals, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday will be provided
- What do I need to bring for lodging accommodations?
- You need to bring your own bedding (all bed are singles – bunk bed style) and pillows.
- You need to provide your own towels.