The Presentation of Mary in the Temple – Icon of Consecration
Mary is our model for consecration. Today, after four weeks of preparation, we ask Mary to prepare us to surrender ourselves to Jesus just as she did. We will spend the next five days preparing for this consecration. St. Louis de Montfort gives us some practical advice on preparing for this consecration:
- Go to Confession
- Receive Communion
- Recite the act of consecration
- Offer a tribute to God to show your sorrow for past sins:
- giving alms (giving money to the Church or to the poor)
- lighting a votive candle
- Renew this consecration every year on the same date – or every month, or even daily, using this simple prayer:
- I am all yours and all I have is yours, O dear Jesus, through Mary, your holy Mother
Daily Practice this week
Visit Christ in the Blessed Sacrament once per day.
Daily Prayer this week
Ave Maris Stella (Hail Star of the Sea)
The prayer is included in the Day 1 meditation
Reflection based on Totus Tuus: A Contemplative Approach to Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary, edited by Fr. Nathan Cromly.